Goldman Sachs recently released their 2023 Family Office Investment Insights, with insights from key decision makers at 166 global family offices. A few points of note:
- Family offices on average are allocating 44% total across alternative asset classes.
- 35% indicated that they plan to reduce their allocation to cash and cash equivalents in the next 12 months.
- 41% expect to increase their allocation to private equity in the next 12 months.
- Family offices tend to primarily invest through managers to mitigate some risk through diversification, especially in uncertain times. Many also look to invest in funds to access opportunities in specific markets that are positioned to benefit from demographic tailwinds and technology shifts.
We see this trend first-hand with a growing number of family offices leveraging Gridline to deploy capital. Although many have built internal teams, a significant majority — 61% for investing and 53% for operations — employ less than 5 dedicated employees for each function.
When thinking about the time spent sourcing and conducting diligence along with the post-investment management process (treasury and performance management, portfolio monitoring, tax reporting, etc.), that is a lean organization. At Gridline, we spend 100% of our time on these activities with 100% focus on alternatives.
Family offices are partnering with us to build diversified portfolios that can generate attractive returns and provide exposure to underrepresented sectors / strategies, all while reducing the managerial and cost burden of private investing. High quality products, experienced team, seamless experience… That’s Gridline.
-Logan Henderson, Founder and CEO
Worth a Read
Rising Private Wealth Around the World Fuels Private Markets
Private markets have grown $4 trillion in the past decade and are now a bedrock strategy for investors seeking higher returns and less correlation with traditional asset classes. Read more.
Regional Bank Loan Books: A Treasure Trove for Private Investors
The recent banking crisis makes it clear that when one door closes, another opens for private market investors. Read more.
Private Credit: Why smart investors are flocking to this fast-growing asset class
Join us on Thursday, May 25th at 11 am ET to learn why private credit is growing faster than any other alternative asset class and why it may be the right addition to your portfolio.
Head of Client Experience, Jana Ferguson, will be joined by Gridline Investment team member, Charles Patton, to talk about:
- The benefits of adding private credit to your portfolio
- Why now is a great time to invest in private credit
- How Gridline selects top-tier private credit funds for our members
This webinar is open to Gridline Members. If you would like to join us, please complete the process to sign up for an account and we will send you your personal link to join the webinar.